Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thrift Store + Spray Paint = New Life!

Today was another cold rainy day. I am grateful for the rain but it sure put a damper in my Church Pew Project. It was killing me all day to see it sitting out there hiding under a blue tarp all day. So I found a few projects to do inside.

 After I got done mopping my kitchen floor I brought the sander inside and sanded my dining table and put a coat of stain on. I know shame on me .... especially just after mopping! And who sands in the house!? i do. I couldn't help myself. I needed to do something to break up the monotony of cleaning and changing diapers.



I also put the finishing touches on a candle sconce. I found the pair at a thrift store for $2.00. The other day I put a coat of Rustoleum Spray Paint Semi Gloss White. I followed that up with another coat.


Then with some blue paint I did a little detail work on it.  After I dipped my little brush in the paint I worked it in some water to thin it a bit so I could apply it easier.


The only thing I would do next time is maybe get a flat white paint so it isn't as shiny and has more of a painted cast iron look. 


It didn't take long and broke up my day! Now I need to finish the next one. Hoping for a sunny day soon! Subscribe to my blog by email. A GIVEAWAY is in the works!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment