Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lavender and Rain

Two of my favorite things today filled the air with a scent unmistakable to me as a reminder  of the simple blessings. For those who don't already know I love a good rain storm and everything that goes with it. Two days in a row our little valley has been gifted with the rain. By looking at the clouds rolling in I could tell it was going to be a big one. Outside I glanced at my lavender bushes that where almost already too far gone to preserve and quickly cut them down before the rain finished them off.

 I took a few shots of the heavy clouds moving in. I love the pre-storm pictures.



 My Mom always got excited about rain storms growing up. She would turn off every noise in the house and crack open a window to hear the rain and let the fresh air fill the house. Rains storms remind me of her every time.

One of the best parts was that I was home to enjoy it while my husband volunteered to do our big grocery shop. What! That's right... I sent my huge list with full confidence in him to bring back every thing I needed. 
WINK WINK. 
He came back late tonight with a car load of food and did a fine job. I only received about 5 calls to help out the happy shopper! He is just awesome.

The clouds were breath taking!

 My Lavender bunch didn't have a ton of blossoms on them but they will work. They smell great in the house! 

I'm grateful for a beautiful day it was!
It's the little things that bring me joy.

- SADIE

No comments:

Post a Comment